Murmansk. Visit Russian Laplandia - winter travel to Murmansk oblast
During this tour you will explore Murmansk – the city of Russian Military Glory and the largest city in the world which is located in the Polar Circle! You will try yourself as a musher and will drive a real husky dog sledding. You will learn about culture of reindeer herders Sami who lived in this region for ages before our days. Then you will drive a snowmobile to visit Seydozero – sacred lake for Sami, which is guarded by evil sorcerer Kuyva, you will ride a reindeer sleight and have some heat in banya – traditional Russian sauna. You will also have time for skiing and snowboarding. Even if you never tried to do it – you will have a chance to learn!
During the whole trip you will pass 560 km (350 miles) watching beautiful nature of Russian North, eating tasty Russian and Northern food, having long interesting conversations about history, cultures and interesting places of Russia with your new friends and maybe, if you will be lucky enough, you will see the most beautiful miracle of north – Polar Lights or Aurora!
Day 1. I hope you like dogs and Nuclear technologies :-)
- This day we will start with communication with huskies – the most friendly dogs in the world You will learn about character and hierarchy of huskies and history of the breed. Then you will try yourself as a musher to drive real dog sledding! Huskies are very friendly and love playing with people, so be ready for fun, hugs and happy photos!
- Then we will visit the pride of Soviet Engineering – first in the world Nuclear-powered Icebreaker “Lenin”. You will learn the history of this ship and technologies which were implemented in construction of icebreaker that helped to make a new step for the humanity in Arctic researches field.
- Murmansk is a heroic city and one of the central places in its heroic history takes Northern Marine Fleet. We will visit museum of Northern Marine Fleet and learn its heroic history from the beginning till our days.
Day 2. Is it easy to be a reindeer herder?
- Today you will learn about culture of Sami, indigenious people of Kola Peninsula. You will meet a real Sami who will show you how do they live, how do they build houses and will tell about their lifestyle, reindeer herding and hunting. Here you will try traditional Sami cuisine and while having Sami herbal tea, we will talk about life in tundra, families and everything that is interesting for you about these indigenous people of Kola Peninsula. After that, you will meet reindeers to pat and feed them, and to make huge amount of cool photos And the most exciting event of the day – we will ride a reindeer sledding!
Day 3. Snowmobiling races and mystery of Seydozero
- This day we will have a real winter adventure! We will spend the day driving snowmobiles to Seydozero – a sacred lake for Sami and place of power for Sami Shamans! We will see an evil sorcerer Kuyva, who due to Sami legend, was prisoned in the rock and now he is a keeper of Seydozero lake.
- After the whole day in the winter nature we will have an evening in banya – traditional Russian sauna. This is a perfect place to “heat the bones”, and very good for health as prophylactic of many diseases! During banya everybody, who wishes can jump in the snow like Russians do As for me, I will do it for sure!
Day 4. Snow village ang winter childhood entertainents!
- After breakfast we are going to Kirovsk – the city, surrounded with picturesque Khibiny mountains!
- We will visit Stone Museum and Snow village, full of snow and ice sculptures, and then we are going to have winter entertainments like in childhood time – snowtubings, snowball fighting, and if we still have time and energy – we will make a snowman
Days 5 and 6. Winter vacation without ski resort is not our case
- These 2 days we will spend in Kirovsk at ski-resort! We will have a lot of fun riding snowboards and skies! And if you can’t snowboarding or skiing, you will have a lesson with experienced instructor! Polar night is a feature of riding in Kirovsk. That means that every day you can see sunrises and sunsets in the beauty of Khibiny mountains.
- In the evening of the second day we are leaving back to Murmansk.
- Here we will have a Long and cozy Farewell Dinner with chatting, laughing and refreshing all amazing adventures that we have experienced together! I guess that we will go to sleep very late ;-)
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Meeting at the airport / railway station
- Transport on tour
- 3* Hotel accommodation in twin-rooms
- Accommodation in touristic base for 2 nights
- Food: Daily breakfasts on the route, all food during living in touristic base, snacks and drinks during long drivings on the route
- Entry fees to attractions and sightseeings
- Photos and movie with your adventures in Russia
- Active entertainments: Reindeer sledding, dog sledding, snowmobiling, banya (Russian sauna), snowboarding / skiing, snowtubing.
- All necessary consultations and 24-hours support during the trip
- English / Russian speaking guides. If your group needs translation to another language – please, mention it when booking.
- Russian visa support letter
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Airfare: Your city – Murmansk – Your city
Interpreter to another language (if not Russian/English). If your group needs for translation in your language, please, mention about it when booking
- Travel medical insurance (if necessary)
- Visa fees
- Lunches and dinners that are not mentioned above and alcohol (approximately 30-50$ per day)
- Souvenirs, tips and other personal expenses
- Snowboarding or skiing instructor (60$ for 2 hours)
- Additional experiences and activities that are not included in program
- Individual transfers during free time
- Additional payment for single accomodation: $250 / €230
Depending upon weather conditions and unforeseen circumstances, we keep the right to make changes in our program, leaving it intensive and interesting.