Tanzania biking tour offers diversity a range of biking terrain combined with fantastic scenery! Kilimanjaro bike trek is the new trekking itineraries in Mountain Kilimanjaro and it’s only offered through Kilema route. In these adventures you will enjoy biking from rain forest to summit zones 5000m plus and its one of life time adventures which can be done in Tanzania holidays among many more to do!
Marangu/Kilema Gate – Horombo Hut
You will be picked from your Hotel at 8:30 am, this morning we drive through Kilimanjaro semi-tropical foothills to Marangu Gate, Spend some minutes for registration and get the permit and then drive to Kilema gate and enter Kilimanjaro National park and start the riding, Up to Horombo Hut. Today is 100% cycling by bike.
Cycling distance 19 Km. Vegetation: Forest and Moorland
After breakfast you start your cycling, riding through Alpine desert, some of the areas you will riding on small stone, up to Mawenzi Hut and back to Horombo.
Day 2: Full Day Horombo Acclimatization
Today is 90% riding Vegetation “Alpine desert. Cycling distance: 10 Km
Day 3: Horombo – Kibo Hut (4703 M)
After breakfast you will continue with riding to Kibo Hut, you will ride on small stone on most areas
Cycling distance 9 Km. today is 90%. Vegetation: Alpine Desert.
Day4: Kibo Hut – SUMMIT (5895 M) – Horombo Hut (3720 M)
At 4 am, you will be awakened by your guides to start the zigzag trek up a long screen slope. After roughly two hours you should reach Hans Meyer’s Cave and from here the gradient gets steeper. Continue your climb for approximately another 3 hours to Gilman’s Point, You will take your bike from Porters and start riding to Uhuru peak, arriving at Uhuru peak spends some few minutes or Taking photos and then riding down to Stella Point. After Lunch lunch ride down to Horombo. Cycling distance 21 Km. today is 90%. Vegetation: summit zone.
Day 5. Horombo Hut(3720 M) – Kilema gate (1800 M) After a leisurely breakfast, make your final riding down to Kilema gate across the alpine and the rain forest to Kilema gate, then you will be transfer to Marangu gate for check out and then to your Hotel, Cycling distance 19 Km. Vegetation: Forest and Moorland.
• 1 night stay before start date and 1 night stay on last day of the trek at hotel in Moshi or Marangu, including breakfast
• Mountain Bike,Helmet and Tour Guide
• Arrival and Departure transfers from airport
• Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents (or hut fees for Marangu route)
• Professional, experienced Tour guides
• All Park fees
• Rescue fees
• Support Vehicle
• All meals while on the Mountain
• Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• Clean, purified drinking water
• Crisis management and safety procedures
• Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA), Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
Price does not include:
• Your flights/visas
• Tips to the mountain staff (Much appreciated)
• Meals other than breakfast while in the Moshi hotel and Alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, snacks, etc
• Personal gear like sleeping bag etc. (Can be rented on arrival from us)
• Portable toilets – can be provided for USD 80 per toilet
Password dimenticata? Inserisci la tua mail e riceverai un link per creare una nuova password.