Pak Ou Caves & Kuang Si Falls
Departs: 8.30 am
Duration: 8 to 9 hours
Visit the eerie Pak Ou Caves by boat, passing fishing villages and river life, and
visiting a nearby local village. After lunch, see the mystical Kuang Si falls and an
inspiring sanctuary devoted to the rehabilitation of rescued bears.
• A leisurely two-hour boat journey along the Mekong to the mysterious
‘Cave of a thousand Buddhas’ at Pak Ou (the mouth of the Ou Riv er).
• Mekong riverside scenery: villages, local fishermen, trade vessels, and dramatic,
precipitous mountain scenery.
• The eerie Pak Ou Caves - where local people add annually to a repository
of Buddha statues in a tradition which has lasted for centuries.
• A riverside village stop, to learn about local village life and to sample the
infamous ‘lao lao’ rice wine.
• Kuang Si falls, the most beautiful and famous falls in Laos - swim in the
turquoise waters, explore the beautiful surrounds, or relax.
• A sanctuary which cares for and rehabilitates bears rescued fro m animal
traders, or from deforested habitat.
• Opportunities for photos of riverlife, nature, countryside and villages.
US$221 net 1 Person
US$242 net 2 Persons
US$261 net 3 Persons
From 4 Persons up is US$72 net / person
Inclusive private tour guide, driver, transfers, entrance fee, and drinking water