The Ypres Salient is the area around Ypres in Belgium which was the scene of some of the biggest battles in World War I.
In military terms, a salient is a battlefield feature that projects into enemy territory. Therefore, the salient is surrounded by the enemy on three sides, making the troops occupying the salient vulnerable.
Full Day Tour
08:30 leave Dinant for Ypres (Ieper)
11:00 free time for the lunch in Ypres
13:30 leave for our guided WWI Ypres Battlefield Tour, for about 4 hours, with (some of the) following highlights that we will visit:
- Essex Farm Cemetery / Advanced Dressing Station, John McCrae site
- Yorkshire Trench & Dug Out
- Soldatenfriedhof / Langemark
- "The Brooding Soldier" (St. Julien Canadian Memorial) at Vancouver Corner
drive through Zonnebeke
- Tyne Cot Cemetery / Passendale
drive via Passendale and Moorslede
- Hill 62
And/or, depending on the time left, also:
- Hill 60 & Caterpillar crater/ Zillebeke
- Spanbroekmolen, Lone Tree Cemetery & Crater (Pool of Peace) / Wijtschate
17:30 Ypres (Market Place) / free time on your own, allowing you to visit the Menin Gate
18:30 leave for Dinant
Arrive Dinant around 21:00
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link to create a new password.