Language Arabic, English, French, Italian, Spanish
Price 50,00 EUR for excursion
Capacity 15 persons max
Duration 4 hours
Private sightseeing tour Introduction:
Within the labyrinth of the Medina (Old Town), you will find Marrakech's colorful souks (open-air markets). These souks are among Morocco s most famous and display colorful and richly varied wares. Shops for hand-crafted slippers, traditional woodwork, brass, iron and bronze artcraft, jewellery, kaftans, carpets, spices and pottery.
At the heart of the Medina is Marrakech's most famous square * Djemaa El Fna square* .Here acrobats, snake charmers and Gnawa musicians offer an astonishing show and you can taste some authentic Moroccan cuisine as well. UNESCO has made DJEMAA EL FNA SQUARE as Masterpiece of World Heritage.
Tour Duration: 3 Hours
Maximum Number of People: 4
Tour Type: Walking Only
Tour Price: Price Per Group EUR €55,00
* You will be Be transported to another world when you visit the old Medina of marrakech
* You can stroll in the endless maze of streets and visit some of the bustling hustling souks
* Meet the street entertainers and sample the authentic cuisine in the irea around Djdemaa el Fna
* The tour is conducted in an air-conditioned vehicle and you will be accompanied by an expert guide.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Marrakech and taken to the Medina where the tour takes place.
- 1500h (3:00pm): Visit the Medersa Ben Youssef. This Islamic school dates back to the 16th century and used to be the most important coranic school in the whole Maghreb.
- 1530h (3:30pm): Meet a traditional herbalist and see a presentation of the various spices that are used in the Moroccan healing system.
- 1600h (4:00pm): Walk in the Medina and discover the colorful and exotic Moroccan handicrafts. Explore the market, which is divided into smaller souks*sections* according to goods which are sold. This grand labyrinth features hand-made Moroccan goods such as babouche slippers, woodworks, brass work, ironwork, bronze work, jewellery, kaftans, carpets, spices, and pottery. You will also be able to visit the best galleries for leather, antiques, and hand crafted gold jewellery.
- 1730h (5:30pm): Enjoy strolling in the world-famous Djemaa El Fna square, Marrakechs most popular tourist attraction. This bustling square is listed by UNESCO as a "Masterpiece of World Heritage". Snake charmers, acrobats, dancers, storytellers make it a lively hub of so many activities of entertaining .
- 1800h (6:00pm): Your tour ends with a drop-off at your hotel or riyad