Language Arabic, English, French, Italian, Spanish
Price 70,00 EUR for excursion
Capacity 15 persons max
Duration 8 hours
Private sightseeing tour Introduction:
Discover the multiple facets of the legendary city of Marrakech, at the foot of the Atlas Mountains, on this discovery tour in Morocco. Marrakech is a heady mix of Arabic, Spanish and European influences. Its souks in the Medina are among the most famous in Morocco where one can buy almost anything.
Towering at 70 metres high, the Koutoubia Minaret fuses classic Moroccan and Andalusian architectural styles. Explore the beautiful gardens, the mosque, tiled courts, and reception halls of the Bahia Palace.
See where Moroccan royalty was laid to rest at the 16th century Saadian Tombs, built in the Hispano-Moorish style by Saadian ruler, Ahmed the Golden.
Round off this memorable tour with an authentic Moroccan lunch in the heart of the bustling Medina.
Tour Duration: 6 Hours
Maximum Number of People: 4
Tour Type: Walking Only
Tour Price: Price Per Group EUR €80,00
* Our Destination in a Nutshell products show you the very best of a city in just one day!
* Visit Koutoubia Mosque, Saadian Tombs and Bahia Palace
* Enjoy a typical Moroccan Tangine for lunch
* After lunch be transported to another world when you visit the Marrakech Medina; stroll the labyrinth of streets and visit some of the bustling souks
* Meet the street entertainers and sample authentic cuisine in the world-famous Djemaa el Fna
* The tour is conducted in an air-conditioned vehicle and you will be accompanied by an expert guide
- 0830h (8:30am): You will be picked up from your d hotel or riyad in Marrakech for this Marrakech in a Nutshell tour.
- 0900h (9:00am): There will be a 5-minute photo stop at the foot of the Koutoubia Minaret .
- 0930h (9:30am): Explore the Private Museum of Marrakech, belonging to the Omar Benjelloun Foundation, in the medina.
- 1000h (10:00am): Visit the 19th century Bahia Palace, surrounded by beautifully-manicured gardens filled with sweet-smelling flowers and fruit trees. The aristocratic palace has beautifully painted residential rooms and a lush Moorish style garden in the courtyard.
- 1200h (12:00noon): The tour will stop for lunch where you can have a variety of Tagines, kefta (chopped meat), chicken couscous, Tfaya with beans and fruits of the season.
- 1500h (3:00pm): Visit the Medersa Ben Youssef. This Islamic school dates back to the 16th century and used to be the most important such institution in the whole Maghreb.
- 1530h (3:30pm): Meet a traditional herbalist and see a presentation of the various spices that are used in the Moroccan healing system.
- 1600h (4:00pm): Walk in the Medina and discover the colorful and exotic Moroccan handicrafts.
- 1730h (5:30pm): Enjoy strolling in the world-famous Djemaa El Fna square, Marrakechs most popular tourist attraction.
- 1800h (6:00pm): Your tour ends with a drop-off at your hotel or the closest drop-off point in Marrakech.