Itinerary, and Including& Excluding Price Explanation:
1. Travel by jeep or touristbus from Pokhara to Kande (1 hour) and walk to Pitam Deurali (2100m- 3 hours)
2. Pitam Deurali to Forest Camp at Kokar (2600m- 4 hours)
3. Forest Camp to Low Camp (3150m- 5 hours)
4. Low Camp to High Camp (3580m- 4 hours)
5. High Camp to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4500m) and back to High Camp (3580m- 5 hours)
6. High Camp to Sidhing (1750m- 6 hours)
7. Sidhing to Lumre (3 hours) and travel by jeep or touristbus to Pokhara (2 hours)
Mardi Himal trek is a relatively new trek in the Annapurna region. The route was officially opened in 2012. Before 2012 the route was only possible as a camping trek. Recently, along the Mardi Himal route simple teahouses and homestays have been build. This trek is located literally next to the Annapurna Base Camp route, but the differences are enormous. Annapurna is popular and busy ttrekking route, with sometimes, many backpackers. At Mardi Himal it is a big contrast, no hordes of busy tourism, but peace and little fellow trekkers. The view of the mountains is phenomenal. Especially the familiar shape of the Fishtail the Machapuchare comes impressively close. The path goes through oak and rhododendron forests and along a valley. From 3300m the landscape abruptly change in a rugged alpine scenery. From this point the mountains are close and you can see the blue glaciers of Annapurna South and can almost touch them.
The trekking starts near Pokhara. From Pokhara it is a short ride by local jeep or tourist bus to Kande. From here it is a climb over stairs made of stone towards Australian Camp. The first day you walk through traditional villages where you can enjoy the warm hospitality of the locals. This area is inhabited by the Gurung and Magar people. Both Buddhist and Hindu influences are seen here. The route follows winding paths through forests of oak and rhododendron until you land abruptly in an alpine landscape. At the Low Camp the sunrise and sunset is the most spectacular along this trail. The route continues along the Mardi Himal ridge where you primarily walking on grass with some isolated rhododendron bushes. Look for the colorful Danphe pheasant, for it is in this place it has been seen multiple times. In one day you walk through a desolate mountain landscape, towards High Camp. From the High Camp you can see far towards Annapurna Base Camp. But above the peaks of the Annapurna South, the Hiunchuli and Machapuchareare very close and you can see every detail. Now it's only a four-hour walk to the Mardi Himal Base Camp. In the Base Camp you have a view on the entire Annapurna range. After admiring all these mountain giants, you descend in a few days off towards Pokhara.
• All permits for ACAP and Trekkers Information Management System ;TIMS; Permit (take 2 passport photos)
• 3 meals per day during trek (breakfast / lunch / dinner)
• During trek tea / coffee
• Accommodation during a trek in teahouse / lodge
• English speaking, experienced and licensed guide
* Porter carrying max. 10kg per customer. 1 porter for 2 customers
* Water-repellent duffle for your luggage
• All tourist taxes and local taxes
* Guide and porters fee & Insurance
* Support from my office in Kathmandu
• International flight
• Optional return flight or drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
• Visa Nepal: advance purchase or visa on arrival
• Personal vaccinations
•FIRST AID. kit
• Personal travel insurance (including helicopter rescue)
• Other meals and drinks outside the trek
• Other drinks during trek such as soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
•Other personal expenses for example, laundry, battery charger / battery, snacks, showers etc.
• Tips of the Guide & Trekking Staff
If you like i can arrange transfers from and to International Airport in Kathmandu.; and Hotel/Guesthouse on arrival.