Itinerary, and Including& Excluding Price Explanation:
Day 1. Travel by jeep to Belidanda (2325m- 9 pm)
Day 2. Belidanda to Japre (2820m- 6 hours)
Day 3. Japre to Pikey Peak High Camp (3615m- 6 hours)
Day 4. Pikey Peak High Camp via Pikey Peak to Bhanyang (2875m- 6 hours)
Day 5. Bhangyang through Junbesi to Thupten Choling (3031m- 6 hours)
Day 6. Thupten Choling to Thaksindu (3060m- 7 pm)
Day 7. Thaksindu to Paphlu (2470m- 5 hours)
Day 8. Travel by jeep to Kathmandu (10 hours); flying from Paphlu is optional (30 minutes
With the Pikey Peak Trail you visit the Sherpa homeland; namely Solukhumbu or Lower Everest. The trail follows the quiet remote trail in this beautiful area. The trek takes you through rhododendron forests and along small settlements of the local Tamang, Magar and Sherpa people. Because this area is hardly visited by tourists you will be able to discover purely Nepal, and you wille have plenty of opportunity to meet the friendly locals. Here Buddhist culture lived of what you notice in passing many mani walls and several monasteries, some of which already exist for many years. A visit to some monasteries should not be missed. From Pikey Peak, you can see several spectacular summits of over 8000 m. High as Everest, Kangchenjunga, Makalu and Lhotse and many other snowy peaks. The Peak is popular for its breathtaking views at sunrise and sunset.
You start with an adventurous ride all day by jeep to the heart of the Solukhumbu. The road is mostly paved well into the Solukhumbu. The next day begins the trek and you pass several small villages and settlements. The days after you fully enjoy the peace and impressive nature. The climb to Pikey Peak from the high camp lasts a few hours. From the top you have magnificent views of the snowy peaks of the Himalayas. After Pikey Peak you will hike to the Junbesi Valley. At the end of this valley is the monastery of Thupten Chölling. We spend one night in the guesthouse of the monastery and you can visit the nuns in the convent. After this spiritual experience we walk to the monastery of Thaksindu. From the pass of Thaksindu you will again be treated to magnificent views of the high peaks of the Khumbu region. Everest, Thamserku, Ama Dablam; they are all there. From Thaksindu you walk over a mountainridge through the rhododendron forest to Paphlu. From here we take back the jeep back to Kathmandu.
* Trekkers Information Management System ;TIMS; Permit (take 2 passport photos)
• 3 meals per day during trek (breakfast / lunch / dinner)
• During trek tea / coffee
• Accommodation during a trek in teahouse / lodge
• English speaking, experienced and licensed guide
* Porter carrying max. 10kg per customer. 1 porter for 2 customers
* Water-repellent duffle for your luggage
• Transport from Kathmandu to Belidanda and from Paphlu to Kathmandu by jeep.
• All tourist taxes and local taxes
* Guide and porters fee & Insurance
* Support from my office in Kathmandu
• International flight
• Visa Nepal: advance purchase or visa on arrival
• Personal vaccinations
•FIRST AID. kit
• Personal travel insurance (including helicopter rescue)
• Other meals and drinks outside the trek
• Other drinks during trek such as soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
• Other personal expenses for example, was, battery charger / battery, snacks, showers etc.
• Tips of the Guide & Trekking Staff
If you like i can arrange transfers from and to International Airport in Kathmandu.; and Hotel/Guesthouse on arrival.