Kakheti Tour, Ancient History Wine callers Culture and Delicious Food
Kakheti Tour. Trip to Fabulous Nature, Ancient History, Wine callers and Culture, Delicious Food and wine.
Tour starts in Tbilisi, at Guests Hotel/accommodation/Apartment.
Combination of Antique Culture and History, Delicious Food and Wine, Ancient Wine Callers and Fabulous Nature and Landscape views make Unforgettable Memories.
1. Masterclass, Georgian Traditional bread baking.
2. Bodbe Monastery (Saint Nino).
3. Sighnaghi (Sity of Love).
4. Alazani Valley.
5. Traditional Georgian wine caller (16th century),
Guests can have lunch and wine testing here. Georgian Traditional dishes + white wine + red wine + Chacha (Georgian Traditional vodka)
5. Khareba Winery, Huge Wine Caller which located in Tunnel, fool length of tunnel 7km where is kept more than 25000 bottles of wine.
6. Nekresi Monastery (2nd century BC).
7. House Museum of Alexander Chavchavadze.
8. Master class at Kvevri Master. Kvevri is Georgian Traditional vessel for wine. This is an unique place and an unique Master who has his own vineyards is doing his own Kvevries and is doing wine in Kvevries. Here you will have a chance to taste wine directly from Kvevri.
9. Ikalto Academy. According to sources, the first academy in this area was founded in 9 AD, but during the Arab invasions it was entirely devastated. in XI-XIII centuries was rebuilt a high school and the academy in Ikalto Georgia. Ikalto monastery was known as one of the most significant cultural-scholastic centers of Georgia, which is asserted by the ruins of some civil building preserved at the site of the monastery. It is an excellent example to see ancient Georgian vinery.
10. Alaverdi Monastery. The monastery was founded by the Assyrian monk Joseph Alaverdeli, who came from Antioch and settled in Alaverdi, Alaverdi monastery is a Georgian eastern orthodox monastery located 25 km fromAkhmeta, in the Kakheti region of Eastern Georgia. While parts of the monastery date back to 6th century, the present day cathedral was built in the 11th century by Kvirike 3rd of Kakheti, replacing an older church of St. George.
Tour will end with beautiful road to Tbilisi, Gombori Bypass, highest point 1600m above sea level.
In Kakheti Region there are lots of ancient buildings and Wine Callers, But it`s not possible to see everything in one day, so, you can make a choice. According to Guests request tour plan can be changed. It will not effect the tour price.
This is a full day Trip with frequent stops for sightseeings, best time to start Kakheti trip is 9am. Approximate returning time is 8pm.
Entrance tickets for sightseeings: not Included.
Inclusions: English/Russian Guide, car/minivan/offroad 4x4 car. Fuel. Bottled water. Hotel pick up/drop off.
I offer Private Tours with clean and comfortable Cars/Minivans with air conditioner. My cars drive on Petrol/Gasoline, we don`t use cars on Gas as it is explosive and our priority is safety the first. I am pretty knowledgeable guide in history and traditions. Please also note that we are offering in full day trips as much sightseeings as possible. Experience and Hospitality is my Tradition. Up to 6 Guests