Departs: 8.30 am
Duration: 4 to 5 hours
Take a leisurely cruise up the magical Mekong, past verdant jungle, soaring cliffs, and local fishing villages. Explore the mysterious Pak Ou Caves and its repository of ancient
Buddha effigies, then wander through a riverside village to sample rice wine.
• A leisurely two-hour boat journey along the Mekong to the eerie ‘Cave of a
thousand Buddhas’ at Pak Ou (the mouth of the Ou River).
• The mysterious Pak Ou Caves - where local people add annually to a
repository of Buddha statues in a tradition which has lasted for centuries.
• A riverside village, where you will learn about local village customs and life,
and be free to sample the infamous local ‘lao lao’ rice wine.
• Opportunities for fantastic photos, taken from the comfort of a private
slow-boat, which can slow-down or speed-up as you wish.
• Mekong riverside scenery: villages, local fishermen, trade vessels, and
dramatic, precipitous mountain scenery.
US$179 net 1 Person
US$192 net 2 Persons
US$204 net 3 Persons
From 4 Persons up is US$54 net / person
Inclusive private tour guide, driver, transfers, entrance fee, and drinking water
Please add some text to the message. The guide can answer you with a private message.