Design Your Own Day Tour
Departs: 8.30 am
Duration: as long as you want, up to 8 hours
Meet your informative guide, then choose from a collection of activities: a
walking tour from Wat Xieng Thong to Wat Mai, the Royal Palace, an Arts &
Ethnology Centre, snack sampling, petanque, artisan villages ... and more!
YOUR EXPERIENCE (SELECT FROM)
• Walk from Wat Xieng Thong to Wat Mai – explore Luang Prabang’s two most
famous temples, and end at the fascinating Royal Palace.
• The Arts & Ethnology Centre – to learn about the customs and dress of Lao
minority groups. Closed Mondays.
• Forest Walk – cross the Mekong to the abode of Lao kings before throne
ascendancy, and ascend to Wat Chompet.
• Blacksmith Village – see artisans at work at a village specialising in metalwork.
• UXO Museum - if you‘re not visiting Vientiane’s COPE centre, a visit to this
sombre, small museum is very worthwhile. Closed Sundays.
• Silk Village - learn about silk-making, and see the tomb of explorer Henri Mouhot.
• Lao local snack sampling – dried river seaweed, spicy chilli dip with buffalo
skin, or wild mushrooms fried with kaffir lime leaf!
• Play petanque – take part in this leisurely pastime, with your patient guide.
• Badminton - put your sports skills into action, and make local friends.
• Make your own sugar-cane juice (seasonal) – prepare your own refreshment!
• Kopiak soup meal - slurp-down this delicious rice-noodle soup with your guide.
• Phou Si Hill – for panoramic views of Luang Prabang.
US$205 net 1 Person
US$262 net 2 Persons
US$321 net 3 Persons
From 4 Persons up is US$96 net / person
Inclusive private tour guide, driver, transfers, entrance fee, and drinking water