Nothing defines us better than pride we have in our beautiful culture
46Morans Guides welcomes you to experience an Authentic Maasai cultural experience with a with Maasai family and local Maasai guides
This nature walk and trekking experience will see you trek with us through the beautiful sceneries of Loodokilani on the path our ancestors use to follow when travelling to Magadi soda before the arrival of the railway line. It will see us spend nights in the bush camping at night. It’s a very exciting nature walk that will allow you to experience one of the ancient Maasai modes of communication. Additionally, our guides will be more than happy to tell you how we pass knowledge from one generation to another on flora and fauna. A Maasai child is taught all there is to know about our culture, environment (mostly which plants to collect if we are sick, edible and poisonous fruits /plants, birds, wild animal tracks of animals etc ) and most importantly our cattle. Survival of our people and cattle in our community is an essential thing for us.
Your tour includes but not limited to:
1. Spend the day and night with your Maasai guide and host family getting involved and experience their day to day way of life.
2. Trek from Elangata-wuas to Magadi soda.
3. Visit and experience the Maasai rite of passage. (This one depends on if there is one happening at the time of your visit)
4. Learn the traditional art of Maasai jewellery-making.
5. Get your Customized Maasai wristband to keep.
6. Learn about our Maasai culture and experience traditional singing and dancing.
Learn how to milk cows, Goat and sheep.
7. Learn how to slaughter a goat and prepare barbecue the Maasai way on your last night with us. (limited to a group of 2 and above) can be arranged for individuals at an extra fee.
8. Magadi soda hot spring Charges.
Prices are USD 700 per person and USD 550.00 for a group of 2 and above per person.
This Maasai trip will not only give you a lifetime experience, but you will also have a chance to make a positive impact on the community. The revenues collected goes directly to supporting your host family and guides. This way together we both play our part in our effort to provide self-employment opportunities to these youths and play our part in trying to reduce poverty in the community.
• Half board Accommodation in a Maasai hut. (you can bring your tent or hire from us)
• Local English-speaking guide.
• Unlimited treated water. Kindly bring your own environment-friendly water bottle.
• Customized wristband.
• Take unlimited pictures with your host family.
• Pick-up from and drop-off at your hotel/ airport (can be arranged).
• Accommodation in an Eco-campsite in Elangata-wuas and Magadi (can be arranged).
• Other souvenirs and personal items.
• Tips/gratuities for your guides.
You’ll be picked up at your preferred location in Nairobi