Tashkent Walking City Tour
"City of bread", "City of friendship", "Gates of the East".
Sunny Tashkent - the city is absolutely different from all the cities of Uzbekistan which combines the old city with the traditions and Europeanized modern city with the monuments of the colonial style of the era of tsarist Russia.
1. Amir Timur Square - the heart of modern Tashkent. The place where were formed first University and Bank of Central Asia. The place where once stood the monuments to Stalin and Marx and now the monument to Tamerlane.
2. Broadway Alley Sayilgoh - "Broadway" of Tashkent. Now it is very difficult to imagine that once there was a huge swampy place that was turned by initiative Governor-General Von Kaufman into a square for tsarist soldiers and their families, also local residents allowed.
3. Navoi Opera Theater Bolshoi Theatre of Opera and Ballet - the first Opera and ballet theater in Central Asia and now one of the visit cards of modern Tashkent. One of the best examples of the combination of folk art with Neoclassicism.
4. The Independence Square (Mustaqilliq Maidoni) is the main square of the country with the administrative offices of the Cabinet and the Senate. Now this place is a symbol of independence of Uzbekistan but once was the administrative center of the Russian tsarist and communist regimes.
5. Metro Tashkent - The first metro in Central Asia and one of the most beautiful sights in Asia. No wonder it is called the underground Museum of Tashkent because none of the stations repeat the decor of the other, each station has a different shape and individual approach.
6. Chorsu Bazaar The oldest Bazaar in Uzbekistan. Charsu Bazaar is the heart of the old city, the real Eastern market of the modern city.
7. Ensemble Hazrati Imam Historical - architectural complex Hasit Imam is the most important place of pilgrimage in the city where you can visit madrassas Barakhan and Tillesheyh, mosques and mausoleum one of the first imams of Tashkent. And more importantly, here you can see the only one in Central Asia and one of the 4 manuscripts of the Holy Koran of the VII century.
Meeting point: Hotel Uzbekistan