Marvel at Philae Temple, High Dam and Unfinished Obelisk
Come with me and let's explore the highlights of bustling, history-filled Aswan during this full-day private tour. Let's marvel at the modern engineering feat known as the High Dam, learn how ancient monuments were constructed during a visit to the unfinished obelisk, and hop aboard a motorboat to travel across the Nile to the stunning Philae Temple.
I have participated in many conferences and workshops in Egypt, Sudan, and Germany about Nubia. I am one of the best people to talk to you about the history, culture, and language of Nubia because I am the son of this society, culture, and history. I'm versed in all aspects of civilization, whether Nubian or Egyptian. For these reasons, I will make sure that if you choose me, you will not regret it!
With me, you will see and learn about archeology and civilization in Aswan from a different and comprehensive perspective (sometimes unusual critical explanation!).
- I will pick you up from your hotel or Nile cruise in Aswan to the high dam (about one hour).
- We will start our tour visiting the High Dam first, we will view the Dam, Nasser Lake and the surrounding buildings.
- On the way we will see the old dam of Aswan (no stop).
- Afterwards, we will go to see Philae Island and Isis temple. We will take a boat to Philae Temple and be back (about two hours).
- Then visiting the ancient quarry where you will be able to see the Unfinished Obelisk (about 45 minutes).
- I will drop you off at your hotel in Aswan.
** This itinerary is flexible. It can be customized for you. Please contact me for a quote.
Note: Any of the one-day trips can be combined with others to become a two-day itinerary.
(-The price varies according to the number of customers.
- My tours (currently) in Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simbel only.)