Pyramids &Sphinx; – Citadel – Coptic Cairo
Our Guide will pick up from your hotel or from the airport to start the tour to the Giza plateau where the only remaining wonder of the Ancient World, the legendary Pyramids of Giza still stands. Although it is 2,000 years older than any other wonder on the list. Get excited by a panoramic view of the Pyramids of Khufu (Cheops), Chephren, and Mykerinus. Continue to explore the rest of Giza plateau including the beauty of iconic Sphinx, the largest statue on earth with 72 meters in length and 23 meters high. A stop at the Western Plateau affords great photo opportunities of the three Pyramids and the sprawling city of Cairo at the background. Join your guide to a local restaurant to get your Egyptian lunch in down town with opportunity to walk in the down town streets and enjoy the beauty of City. then processed to Citadel of Mohamed Ali to be introduced to the Turkish designed mosque of Mohamed Ali (AKA Alabaster mosque) which was designed by the architect Yousef Bushnaq, a Turkish man who came especially from Istanbul to build this great mosque for Mohamed Ali, it was begun in 1830 (finished in 1857) in the Ottoman style. You can see also the Gawhara palace of Mohamed Ali built by Mamluks and Ottmanian. Then visit "The Coptic Cairo" where you will visit the "Hanging Church" which is dating back to the 3rd Century AD and was dedicated to Virgin Mary ,It's called "Hanging" because of its location above the gatehouse of the ancient Roman fortress "Babylon" .It contains 110 Holy icons depicting beautiful religious scenes. Then visiting "Saint Sergius and Bacchus Church" that it dates back to the 7th or 8th century. which is believed to have been built on the spot where the holy family rested at the end of their journey into Egypt. This whole area is a world famous destination for Pilgrims. Then The Church of St. George the Martyr, built into the walls of the Fort of Babylon and its remains could be Cairo’s oldest structures. And ending this tour with a visit to the "Jewish Synagogue of Ben Ezra" which gained its importance from its Geniza (Store room) was found during the 19th century containing a treasure of abandoned Hebrew secular and sacred manuscripts. And possibly the mosque of Amr Ibn El-Aas. The oldest mosque in Egypt. After that Transfer to Your Hotel.
Price For One Person is 60 USD From 2 To 9 Persons
• •Entrance fees to all the sites mentioned in the itinerary.
• •All tour as mentioned with a professional tour guide (specialist in Egyptology)
• •A modern air-con tourist car with professional driver who stays with the car all the time.
• •Luggage transfer if needed.
• •Luggage storage if needed.
• •All transfers as mentioned in the above proposal.
• •Pick up services from your hotel & return.
• •Lunch meal at local restaurant.
• •Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour.
• •All taxes & service charge.
• •Drinks from any kind other than mineral drinking water during tours.
• •Gratuities (tipping the guide and the driver)
• •Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
• •Personal spending