Day-trip to Abu Simbel, UNESCO World Heritage Site, from Aswan
During this private full-day tour, I will take you to discover Abu Simbel, a breath-taking historic site that comprises two massive rock-cut temples in Nubia, near the border with Sudan.
As a local professional guide, versed in all aspects of Nubian and Egyptian civilization, I will tell you the story about the UNESCO Nubian Salvage Campaign, "the greatest archaeological rescue operation of all time". I will share all the details and secrets involved in the rescue and relocation of 22 monuments, over a span of 20 years, with the contribution from 50 countries (cold war time), and at the cost of $80 million dollars!
My skills as researcher of Nubian culture and short story writer make one of the best people who can talk about the history, culture, and language of Nubia. Come with me and to explore Nubian civilization and learn all about archeology and history!
- I'll pick you up from your hotel or Nile cruise at 5 am. Convoy to Abu Simbel at 5. 30 am in the morning (3-hour drive).
- Visit the twin temple, with its gigantic rock-cut facade, that was created to revere the mighty ruler Ramses II and his beloved wife, queen Nefertary.
- Back to Aswan to visit Nubian museum (optional).
- Walk around Aswan markets in the evening (optional).
- Finally I will drop you off at your hotel in Aswan or the Nile cruise boat.
Note: Any of the one-day trips can be combined with others to become a two-day itinerary.
** This itinerary is flexible. It can be customized for you. Please contact me for a quote.
with others to become a two-day itinerary.
(-The price varies according to the number of customers.
- My tours (currently) in Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simbel only.)