4x4 Desert Safari, Sandsurf, and Camel Ride in Cairo
Discover the splendor of the Egyptian Desert, see the enticing Wadi El Rayan waterfalls, and marvel at the towering Mudawara Mountains. Then, enjoy action-packed dune bashing, sandboarding, and a beautiful camel..
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Cairo or Giza)
• Dune bashing in 4X4 vehicle
• Bottled water
• Sandboarding session
• Camel ride
• Photo stop at Mudawara Mountains
• Photo stop at Wadi Al Rayan waterfall
• BBQ lunch at a desert camp
What's not included
• Any extra expenses that are not mentioned in the itinerary
• Tipping (not mandatory, but appreciated)
• Long distance pickup available with an additional cost $10 per person
What to expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wadi El-Rayan, 65 km southwest of Faiyum city 80 km west of the Nile River, Al Fayyum Egypt
Beginning with a pickup from your hotel or another designated place in Cairo or Giza between 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM, we will be boarding a comfortable air-conditioned car for a pleasant 100-minute journey to the Wadi El Rayan Desert.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Wadi El Rayan, Al Faiyum Governorate Desert, Faiyum Governorate
Upon arrival, you have the chance to take in the breathtaking views of the Wadi El Rayan waterfalls in the center of the desert, inhaling in the majesty of the tremendous water cascades that provide a dramatic contrast to the surrounding dry terrain. If you're lucky, you could see some desert animals, such as the slender-horned gazelle, before stopping to photograph the stunning Mudawara Mountains. Continuing the journey, you shall experience the exhilaration of a desert adventure. After boarding the 4X4 car for a dune bashing adventure, enjoy the thrill of gliding over yellow, soft sand before stopping to enjoy sandboarding by strapping yourself to the sandboard and sliding down the dazzling, yellow sand at a rapid rate. Later, you shall board a camel riding across the gorgeous desert environment like a Bedouin adventurer before stopping at a Bedouin desert camp for an extravagant and tasty BBQ Lunch.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Cairo, Cairo, Cairo Governorate
As the tour concludes, you will be dropped back to your hotel or selected location in Cairo or Giza.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure and return
• Traveler pickup is offered.
• Pickup service available from your accommodation in Cairo or Giza. Pick up/drop off services at your accommodation from the regions of Al Nasr City, Cairo International Airport, Heliopolis, Mirage City, Rehab City, Madinaty, New Cairo, New Capital hotels, 6th of October City are available at an additional charge of $10 per head. You will be contacted via WhatsApp, email, or phone the day before the tour to confirm the exact pickup time.
• Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
• Returns to original departure point
• Not wheelchair accessible
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help.
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Not recommended for travelers with back problems
• Not recommended for pregnant travelers
• No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
• Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
• Dune bashing and sandboarding activities may be canceled in the case of bad weather conditions.
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
• Please do not eat the food right before the dune bashing.
• Pregnant women, people with mobility impairments, and children under two years are not allowed for this tour.
• This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date
• This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience