Shakhrisabz One Day Tour From Samarkand
"Motherland of Great Tamerlan". You will see that not without reason was named "Green City".
Samarkand - Shakhrisabz (80 km, ±1.30 hours)
Departure: Samarkand (hotel/airport/railway station)
Route: Samarkand - Takhtakaracha Pass - Shakhrisabz - Samarkand
Duration: 5-6 hours
Description: Departure at 08:00 from Samarkand (the time can be changed to 08:30 or 09:00 but not later than 09:00, except for train passengers).
Included: Professional escort guide. Round trip comfortable transport.
- Takhtakaracha Pass: stop for Panoramic view from ±1600 m. In addition you can see many restaurants here that cook only lamb on clay ovens which is a local traditional dish and was a favorite food of Tamerlan .
- Shakhrisabz: Tamerlane's hometown where by his order was built the largest residence in Central Asia from which today remain only the ruins of a huge entrance portal.
- Aksaray Residence
- Dorut Tilovat Complex (the mausoleum of Tamerlane's
mentor and father)
- Dorus Saodat Complex (the mausoleum of
Tamerlane's beloved son)
- Crypt of Tamerlan. The place where Timur himself also should have been buried, but sudden death forced the heirs to be buried in Samarkand, but Timur prepared a crypt for himself that has still been preserved but without burial.
Arrival in Samarkand (hotel/airport/railway station).